<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Bonjour Mon Amie 11-9-18

Friday, November 9, 2018

Bonjour Mon Amie 11-9-18


This is a statue of the Virgin Mary at Mont Saint Michel in France. On a quiet drive through the French countryside you will find yourself shadowed by the beautiful Castle on a rocky islet. Inside the castle's church was this statue and under it you can see coins and notes. I found these details to be fascinating and I wondered who was giving these offerings? And, in that moment I said a little prayer for these people and whatever it was that they needed they would receive. Oh how my heart longs to go back there. As the night grew dim and dark and the stars came out we sat on the dock of the islet and listened to the fish flip flopping in the water below us. I lay down and watched the stars underneath the imposing castle above me. I must go back. 

Today I am grateful that my work at school is completely caught up. My grades are done, my yearly review final installation is typed and submitted. What an amazing feeling it is to put in hard work and feel accomplished. 

I am grateful for my love of travel and the glorious gift I have been given to see the world. My heart longs to go back to Europe and one day I hope to live there for a season. My mother was truly inspired to give me a French name. Sigh. 

Tonight after a long day at work my friend Laura and I did things that girly girls do. We went to the Rack...which I am super grateful there is one RIGHT by me now. I ran into a WHOLE bunch of people I know and love. If I knew the Rack was going to be such a great hang out Friday night I would have at least washed my hair since I haven't since Tuesday! We went to Red Robin where I got a FREE meal. I was so happy about that and grateful! We then went to Sephora where I ran into MORE friends and then a little trip to the nail salon. I would say a perfect Friday night! 

We came back to my house and as soon as Laura walked in she started screaming at the top of her lungs and staring at something and I said..WHO IS IN THE HOUSE?? I started screaming and running outside and then back in because I thought I can't leave her there and then back out and she was screaming the whole time too...when the hugest roach came streaking around the corner and I screamed louder. I live by a park AND a farm and this time of year they come out. I was FREAKING OUT and grabbed the spray and sprayed. However, I am not sure it is dead as it ran under my dryer and I am too scared to move it to see. SO. There is that. I guess I am grateful for bug spray? Laura and I then talked about having that little tid bit added to our dating profile. Need a Handy Man who is not afraid to kill roaches. Seriously my throat is hoarse now. Gross and EW. 

I am grateful that my bills are paid. It is a good feeling to get everything paid and have the means to do so. 

XOXO-The Sunny D---Dreaming of Paris






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home