<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://diortidwell.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sunny D: Gratitude Day 11

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Gratitude Day 11

Sunday eight in the morning on the pew. Grateful I have these two to sit by. 

I am grateful for my sister. I love her and it has been so good for me to have them in my ward each week. She is truly remarkable and I am so blessed to have her and her family in my life. 

I was heading to my Mom's house for dinner. My Mom is another remarkable woman who cooks for us EVERY Sunday. Today we had a PRE-Thanksgiving feast. My Mom makes it every year and we all love it. There was everything good: juicy turkey, rolls, peas and carrots, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and ice cream cake. YUM! She is a wonderful example of a Mom and still takes care of each of us. She serves us happily and I love her. 

I was talking to a friend about donuts. My friend asked me what are my favorite donuts. As I was thinking about it I had this vivid memory of a holiday. It was some American holiday and all of my cousins and I were gathered in the front yard at my Grandma and Grandpas house. I wonder if it popped up because I was also thinking about Veterans Day today. It was a bright sunny morning and the grass was green. The sidewalk to the front door cut the yard in half and on the other side of the yard was the ancient grapefruit tree. There was an American Flag and we were playing games; foot races, gunny sack race, three legged race. My Grandma came out of the front door with a huge tray of homemade cinnamon twists. There was a tea towel over the tray and all of us children were THRILLED with the treat. We ate those up in two seconds flat. I was so grateful for my Grandma and the love she had for each of us. How lucky I am to have such an idyllic childhood with many memories of family, fun, and delicious home cooked food. AND SO...one of my favorite donuts is the cinnamon twist. I think they remind me of a simpler time and they are delicious! 

I am so grateful for Veterans and the service and sacrifice they give so I can live in a free country. I am beyond grateful. 

I am grateful for EPIC three hour naps after waking up on the weekend at 5 AM Saturday and Sunday. This head cold I have had needed it and I am so so so grateful that I can have a moment to rest when needed. Naps are my favorite. 

XOXO- The Sunny D....Counting blessings is fun! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home